WORLD-RENOWNED TOKYO GIRLS COLLECTION TO MAKE ITS PREMIERE IN SINGAPORE
From the team behind the highly successful Tokyo Girls Collection and Asia Girls Explosion comes a whole new fashion experience that will see rising fashion stars from 8 countries around the world battle it out on the runway.
Plugged as the fashion event of the year, WORLD RUNWAY will premiere this Sunday, the 18th of September at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Teams from Brazil, France, Italy, Japan, Russia, Singapore UK and USA will be taking part in a challenge that will see them scouring the most fashionable streets of Singapore to create 10 runway looks each.
“Runway shows that feature high-priced, artsy pieces are aplenty.” says Jake f.R., Director for WORLD RUNWAY. “WORLD RUNWAY aims to share with Singaporean ladies street-fashion that is practical and affordable. Some call us the “anti-fashion” show because we interpret fashion shows so differently. We feel that there is so much more than just fashion alone- it is also about the music and the love. Fashion without the music is not a show. And a show without love is a performance without soul.” He added.
THE GLOBAL FASHION FACEOFF
For the first time in the history of the fashion world, 8 teams from the world’s fashion capital will come together to compete and challenge their their ability to put together runway looks with pieces bought from local shops within the span of just two days.
Each participating county’s team will consist of 3 members, the fashion director, the make-up artist and the hair stylist. And their final runway looks will be modeled by 40 models appointed by the World Runway Committee.
The team and their participating members are:
– MARCIA AMARAL, Stylist | Leader of Team Brazil
– FLAVIA GOMIDE, Hair Stylist
– CIDA NOGIUERA, Stylist | Make-Up Artist
– AMINA ABDALA, Stylist | Leader of Team France
– KARINE FERON, Hair Designer
– VIRGINIE FERON, Make-Up Designer
– MORENA, Stylist | Leader of Team Italy
– EUGENE DAVIS, Hair Stylist
– DAIKINI, Make-up Artist
– TAKAFUMI KAWASAKI, Stylist | Leader of Team Japan
– YUKA WASHIZU, Make-up Artist
– CHINATSU NOBE, Hair Stylist
– ALEXEY PANTYKIN, Stylist | Leader of Team Russia
– AKI MATSUHASHI, Make-up Artist
– GORDEEV VYACHESLAV, Hair Stylist
– JEN SU, Stylist | Team Leader
– DERRICK FUN, Assistant Stylist
– ANTONIO CHENG, Hair & Make-up Artist
– SIMON SETTER, Stylist | Leader of Team UK
– MIKE ADLER, Stylist
– BEGOÑA ALEGRIA, Hair & Makeup Artist
Sitting on the panel to pick out the winner will be three of the most iconic fashion personality.
– Jake f.R, Founder and Director of Tokyo Girls Collection and Asia Girls Explosion
– Evan Czar, Deputy Editor of Brazilian Vogue
– Tina Tan-Teo, President and Founder of alldressedup, The Link Group and ETRO
“Singapore has never been known for its fashion but I think WORLD RUNWAY will show the world what we are really capable of.” says Mrs Tina Tan-Leo, the President and Founder for alldressedup, The Link Group and ETRO. “In terms of street-wear fashion, Singapore is a hidden gem with a plethora of indie labels. It will be exciting to see what these eight countries can put together in such a short time. I am looking forward to be wow-ed by models in street fashion but runway looks.” She added.
A FASHION, ART AND MUSIC AFFAIR
WORLD RUNWAY is indeed more than just a runway show, it is an extravaganza that will feature live music performance. Korean pop-star, Se7en, will also be performing at the event.
SHARING THE LOVE – FASHIONQUAKE AID 2011
WORLD RUNWAY will not only be rocking the fashion world with its unconventional presentation and indie music, it will also be sharing some of its love with people and countries that are suffering from natural disasters. And to do just that, a portion of the profits from the WORLD RUNWAY event will be donated as Fashionquake Aid to natural disaster relief activities around the world.
A FASHION EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED
So you are looking for ideas to update your wardrobe without breaking the bank or a fashionista looking for inspiration, do come down to the first ever WORLD RUNWAY event.
Date: 19 Sept 2011, Sunday
Duration: Approx 5 hours
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
Ticket Pricing: VIP – $297, Standard – $85 (Please add to above price $3 Booking Fee per ticket for tickets above $20 and $1 Booking Fee per ticket for tickets $20 and below. Charges include GST where applicable.)
Online Booking: www.sistic.com.sg
Sistic Hotline: (65) 6348 5555