SingPost Celebrates Singapore’s Golden Jubilee with Limited Edition SG50 Hello Kitty Plush Collectibles and MyStamp Folder
In conjunction with Singapore’s 50th year of independence, SingPost collaborated with Sanrio to release exclusive SG50 Hello Kitty Plush Collectible and MyStamp Folder Sets. To reflect Singapore’s distinctiveness and colourful cultures, Hello Kitty is dressed in five specially designed outfits and Vanda Miss Joaquim ribbons. Similarly, SingPost’s SG50 Hello Kitty MyStamp Folder will feature Hello Kitty with some iconic Singapore landmarks.
Mr Woo Keng Leong, Senior Executive Vice President/Head of Postal Services said: “To commemorate Singapore’s 50th anniversary, SingPost has lined up a series of SG50 activities throughout the year. Last month, we kicked off our first SG50 activity – stamped letters will be imprinted with a SG50 slogan depicting Singaporeans’ unique and fun traits, values and characteristics each month, from the 15th day to the end of the month. This month we are pleased to launch this exclusively designed Hello Kitty commemorative series, a treat that is sure to excite fans and collectors, as part of SingPost’s SG50 celebrations.”
Pre-order Hello Kitty Limited Edition Bundle Set and SG50 Hello Kitty Plush Collectible Set at www.sg50hellokitty.com starts from 10am on 23 February 2015
Making a grand entrance for Singapore’s 50th birthday, SingPost’s SG50 Hello Kitty Plush Collectible Set (S$88) is specially produced by Sanrio. From the thoughtfully designed outfits that reflect Singapore’s heritage to the quality materials used, the 18cm tall Plush Collectibles are a delight to behold and hold, and a valuable addition to any Hello Kitty lover’s collection.
Customers can purchase the SingPost’s SG50 Hello Kitty Limited Edition Bundle Set consisting of the 5 Plush Collectibles, the SG50 Hello Kitty MyStamp folder and lanyard set, and a certificate of authenticity at a special price of S$108. Only 1,000 sets are available.
From 10am on 23 February 2015 (while stocks last), SingPost’s SG50 Hello Kitty Limited Edition Bundle and SG50 Hello Kitty Plush Collectible Sets will be available for online pre-order at www.sg50hellokitty.com. Pre-orders will be delivered from the 2nd week of March onwards. They will also be available for sale at 10 selected post offices from 9 April onwards. Please refer to Appendix 1 for more details.
The SG50 Hello Kitty Plush Collectible Set includes:
- Hello Kitty in Cheongsam: The cheongsam is a traditional one-piece Chinese dress for women. Created in the 1920s in Shanghai, cheongsam was made fashionable by socialites and upper class women. Today, it is popularly worn during the Chinese New Year period and formal occasions.
- Hello Kitty in Baju Kurung: The baju kurung is a traditional Malay costume for women. A knee-length blouse worn over a long skirt, baju kurung is simple, graceful and comfortable to wear at all times, including special occasions such as weddings, engagements and public functions.
- Hello Kitty in Saree: Originating from India, the saree is a female garment consisting of a drape varying from 5-9 yards in length and 0.67-1.33 yards in breadth. It is typically wrapped around the waist, with one end draped over the shoulder, baring the midriff.
- Hello Kitty in SG50 Outfit: Hello Kitty proudly celebrates Singapore’s Golden Jubilee by wearing a red and white T-shirt with the logo, “I love Singapore”.
- Hello Kitty in Colonial Postman Uniform: From colonial times to the late 1970s, Singapore’s postmen wore khaki-coloured cotton uniforms that were ironed with starch to stiffen them up.
Both Hello Kitty in SG50 Outfit and Colonial Postman Uniform will also be sold individually at S$19.65 each from June to August 2015 (while stocks last).
Purchase SG50 Hello Kitty MyStamp Folder and Lanyard Set at the River Hongbao or www.sg50hellokitty.com from 17 February 2015
The unique SG50 Hello Kitty MyStamp Folder and Lanyard Set (S$21.80) features Hello Kitty wearing a Vanda Miss Joaquim ribbon and ‘I LOVE SG’ outfit. Against the backdrop of some iconic Singapore landmarks like the Singapore Flyer, Cable Cars, and the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, Hello Kitty holds a SG50 balloon as she walks in the park. This exquisitely designed folder contains a limited edition Hello Kitty MyStamp souvenir sheet with 7 stamps.
The SG50 Hello Kitty MyStamp Folder and Lanyard Set will be launched at the River Hongbao 2015 and is available for purchase at the SingPost booth on-site. Public can also purchase it online at www.sg50hellokitty.com from 10am on 17 February 2015, and all post offices, from 4 March 2015.
For more information, do visit www.sg50hellokitty.com.sg