I’d like to start with some ground rules for watching Avengers Endgame
1. The film is a little over 3 hours long so please use the loo before going to watch. There’s nothing more annoying to other audiences than a person having to constantly go up and down the aisle to get to the loo.
2. If you intend on bring your kid, ask yourself…..can your child sit still for 3 hours without crying to making noise. If the answer is no, then it’s better you leave your kid with a sitter. Imagine at the climax of the movie that you yourself are trying to enjoy and your kid cries and you’re too far to walk out and everyone has to listen to your kid sing……get the picture?
3. Do not engage in discussions about the film while the film is playing. Wait for after when you can have a drink and talk about it.
4. Don’t say “OMG XXXXXXXXX blah blah blah” the moment you enter a grab. The poor driver might not have had the time to watch it yet.
5. Bring tissue
6. After the movie, get your emotions in check, don’t spoil the Endgame.
Now for the review. Well you really don’t need a review, you’re gonna watch it anyway because this is the biggest film you will ever come across.
Avengers: Endgame is not without flaws but it’s also very perfect in the way it concludes a story. It’s emotional right from the sandwich that Black Widow makes for herself. It keeps you guessing, trying to somehow get ahead a figure out how the plot is going but you just never see the next turn coming.
Such is the directing of the Russo brothers. Since Captain America: The Winter Soldier, they’ve just been upping their game and now they’ve delivered us a movie that will go down in history not just because of it’s Box Office takings but because they showed that with good writing, good direction and some skills at keeping secrets, you won’t have to suffer a sequel let down syndrome that so many films have suffered before.
I’ve had to wait almost 12 hours before writing this, because my mind is still racing, my emotions still turning, my thoughts still very much on this 3 hour epic event that I was so privileged to experience in my lifetime.
Enjoy the Endgame
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
© POPCulture Online 2019