Our fan boy obsession this month is dedicated to Anna Kendrick who stars in Pitch Perfect 2! She rose to international fame after her performance as Natalie Keener in Up in the Air (2009), for which she received Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations for Best Supporting Actress. She played Dinah Lord in the Broadway musical High Society (1998), for which she was nominated for a Tony Award.
Kendrick’s other notable roles include Fritzi Wagner in Camp (2003), Jessica Stanley in The Twilight Saga (2008–11), Stacey Pilgrim in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010), Beca Mitchell in Pitch Perfect (2012) and Pitch Perfect 2 (2015), and Janet in End of Watch (2012). She also played Cinderella in the film adaptation of the musical Into the Woods (2014). In the film adaptation of Jason Robert Brown’s Off-Broadway musical The Last Five Years (2015), she played Cathy.
But what is it about Anna Kendrick that makes her so awesomely cool! Well here are 10 things you didn’t know about Anna Kendrick!
1. Her style icon is Cate Blanchett.
2. She started really young, like at 10, when her parents put her on a Greyhound bus to NY with her older brother so she could audition for Broadway.
3. She loves to bake! In fact, Kendrick once spent her time off working at a pastry shop for two weeks.
4. She is a huge Lord of the Rings fan and does an annual marathon of the extended editions. How could you not love her for this!
5. She loves dark comedy, which was what initially drew her to the film 50/50.
6. Kendrick admitted that when she has alone time, she likes to sing “99 Problems”. Don’t we all.
7. She and Adam Lambert have been close friends since they were 18.
8. There are 3 things in the world that make her smile: seeing people’s home renovations in magazines, dog-sitting and her mom’s self-made jewelry.
9. Jason Reitman wrote the role of Natalie in Up in the Air with Kendrick in mind, but didn’t tell her so as not to pressure her.
10. George Clooney would mock her while they were shooting Up in the Air because she was flying back and forth between their set to the Twilight set, which was filming at the same time. That’s a little mean….she is after all a tiny person you know.
Catch Anna Kendrick in Pitch Perfect 2, opens in cinemas 14 May 2015
Images by United International Pictures Singapore
© POPCulture Online 2015