She’s the Swedish beauty who starts as everyone’s favourite video game heroine this month, Tomb Raider. Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Alicia Vikander before she became Lara Croft.
1. She’s really into yoga, Pilates and meditation. She says she loves doing yoga and pilates and used to meditate a lot. She added that when she’s really stressed or anxious –her mind creates thoughts that are bigger than what they are, and meditation brings things back to zero.
2. She studied at the Royal Swedish Ballet School from the age of 9 until she was 18. She had to complete proper school education and dance seven hours a day, six days a week. She says she didn’t want to live that life, it requires so many hours, and so much of a person.
3. Alicia – whose first language is Swedish also speaks Danish. She learnt it in two months for her role in A Royal Affair.
4. She could have been Snow White because she did a screen test for the part of Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman, but she lost out to Kristen Stewart.
5. After she was rejected by the Royal Academy of Stockholm twice and then was unable to land any television parts, Alicia decided to apply to law school and try and get into the film industry as a producer. Two weeks before she was supposed to start her degree, she got a part in a feature film, so she put her law school plans on hold.
Catch Alicia Vikander in Tomb Raider, in cinemas now
Images courtesy of Warner Bros Singapore
© POPCulture Online 2018